Tuesday, September 21, 2010

17th Aug '10- I made a face















I like doing portraits of a face but just one or two features highlighted. I like drawing the hair- always long and the drawing very simple. So, this time i drew it on tarpaulin and then i painted white in by using masking tape. After completing it I drew red lips for her. I think the white shows shes pure, shes there but you dont know who she is, and the red lips well just a little bit of provocation. I like the mystery it brings to the picture. Still working on other drawings.

2 comments:

  1. I like the Blue sheet, this what we use on camp as ground sheets?
    Is the woman supposed to look a little worn out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya its a common material used to keep water out! The woman is meant to be mysterious?? hahah not worn out? how can a woman be worn out?

    ReplyDelete