Monday, October 25, 2010

24 Oct '10- The Sunday Wall






my angel helpers- Paresh, Arpita, Aakanksha, Janak







So, there was an art event going on in the city and they wanted people to come out and paint walls on chapeal road/veronica road in Bandra- west. I really wanted to go paint a random wall on the street. So, I asked a few friends and Aakanksha- lawyer was the first to say yes. People said yes and backed out. On Sunday, I had no paints, a vague idea of the design and I met my friend Janak- exporter and Akanksha and on the way we decided more or less the way we were going to go. I took inspiration from my drawings of the nosey people and we thought we would do one chaaracter with a bow tie.

We bought paints according to our colour scheme. Decided to use bright tarpaulin inspired blue for the background and basic colours of red and white for highlighting and black to outline. Once, we reached the street, there was no big wall but we found the walled fence of a society building which had some natural separation. So, we decided to be bold and make 5 characters! Aakanksha took inspiration from the drawings and did her own interpretation of the old nosey people? and i drew some basic figures. Well, we took about 4 hours to complete! Arpita- Marketing and P.R. and Paresh- Jeweler got us some coffee and joined in later! Janak too cleaned the walls, helped us through the process and even painted! We were happy with the outcome. Hope no dog or human pees or poops on it anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment