Saturday, December 4, 2010

21st Nov - 4th Dec '10 Unfinished Explorations

As I mentioned earlier, I was traveling and so din't make many complete pieces according to me. But, I did free my hand- draw a lil, paint a lil, write somethings. So the photos below are just explorations of that time and phase and incomplete but complete in their purpose.






I wanted to make a tarpaulin book for awhile. So I cut up some rough bits and would see if it works. So, here I have started but have a lot more pages to fill and the whole form of the book in the end. Not figured the entire imagery yet. Hope to work on it slowly on the side.



Well, this was just an exercise, I was feeling restless so i tore some paper and pieced it back, then taped it  and i saw an elephant, clearly an elephant but when i asked my roommates they couldn't see it, they could see a woman. So, I thought it could be both!






Some more exercises to start the work going! 







I wanted to start painting, even if it was something random. I had a set of new water colours so i started with them on tracing paper. It was calming and amazing to not have a goal or know what I was to paint.





When I was siting in a new place and wanting to make work. I dint know where to start. Should I do something new or work with the same materials Im used to? I began drawing a safety pin, understanding its form, adding my bits to it. So, I got somewhere.






Drawings in pen just to free yourself from the fear of creating that comes n goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment